Saturday, January 29, 2011

OpShop (thrift store) score.......

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at an opshop really quickly to see if I could pick up an old pot for dying in. While they did not have any pots I did find a couple of old books.......


and would you believe it? Both of them gave Tansy a mention. Not having time to sit and be fussy, I bought them both for $4.50.  Now while the information was not anything I did not already know, I did so love the pictures.......



One of the books has all drawn pictures and the other has photo's or pressed plants as pictures........


And while my other herbal books are STILL not here, I guess I shall have some fun getting to know these two! Old recipes, old medicines, beautiful pictures! My only gripe, someoneripped pieces of pages out of one them!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful find! That is exactly how I built my library. Finding them here and there by chance! I can't quite make out the titles or authors of these two. Will you share them please?
    I love those drawings and be still my heart of the dried pressed ones picture! How wonderfully cool is that?Wow, that would be neat to do as a project type things. I am thinking one done with just one plant through its growing cycle....thanks for sharing, Karisma xx

    ReplyDelete